Who we Are
Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis (KIPPRA) is a public institution that was established in May 1997 through a Legal Notice and commenced operations in June 1999. In January 2007, His Excellency the President signed the KIPPRA Bill into law and the KIPPRA Act No. 15 of 2006 came into effect on 1st February 2007. The Institute is thus a state corporation established by an act of parliament with a primary mandate of providing quality policy advice to the Government of Kenya and other key stakeholders by conducting policy research and analysis and through capacity building in order to contribute to the achievement of national long term development objectives.
The Institute has its headquarters in Nairobi.
To provide quality public policy advice to the Government of Kenya by conducting objective research and analysis and through capacity building in order to contribute to the achievement of national development goals.
An international centre of excellence in public policy research and analysis
Our Core Values
- Fair competition and merit in appointments and promotion
- Good governance, transparency and accountability
- Efficiency and effectiveness
- Responsive, prompt, impartial and equitable service
- Provisioning for diversity
- Upholding of human rights in the public service