Review of Implementation of Kenya’s Vision 2030
The objective of the Kenya Vision 2030 is to drive the economy to an upper middle-income status by the year 2030 through sustained growth rate of 10 per cent and implementation of various flagship projects under 5-year medium term programmes. Implementation of the flagship projects is now in its third cycle and it is imperative to review progress so far. The objectives of the study are to:
- Review the growth paradigm adopted and structures put in place to support implementation;
- Assess coordination framework with county governments for full exploitation of opportunities;
- Identify emerging issues, gaps and challenges; and
- Provide policy recommendations designed at propelling economic growth with the aim of achieving middle-income status by year 2030
- Propose a growth path to getting the per capita level required to attain an upper middle-income country status by the year 2030.