Evidence-based policy-making relies heavily on good policy analysis skills.
Objective of the programme: This programme is designed to enhance learners’ skills in policy analysis.
Mode of delivery: The course takes three days of intensive learning and modelling experiments.
Learning outcomes: The policy analysis course expects its learners to be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate understanding of policy analysis
- Distinguish “policy analysis” and “policy research”
- Locate policy analysis within the stages model of policy formulation
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of analytical tools for policy analysis
- Apply skills and knowledge acquired to analyze the various policies, undertake forecasting and sensitivity analysis and make policy recommendations
- Communicate complex ideas clearly and persuasively in written and oral forms
- Apply policy analysis outputs to enhance policy engagements
Facilitation: The course will be administered by KIPPRA staff
Who should participate: This course targets policy analysts, researchers and bureaucrats who would like to horn their skills in policy analysis.