The KIPPRA resource centre, also known as the KIPPRA Information and Documentation Centre (KIPDOC) is the nerve centre of the Institute’s research.
The centre is a specialized library boasting a small but rich collection in economics and policy analysis.
The centre also boasts a rich collection of important Government of Kenya publications including:
- Budget speeches dating back to 1963
- Economic surveys
- Statistical abstracts
- Economic blueprints among others.
Users can access information resources through the automated system that hosts the KIPPRA Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC).
However, only KIPPRA staff members are eligible to check-out information materials, with an exception of reference works, periodicals and materials on reserve.
The centre offers advice and guidance on the access and retrieval of information from well trained personnel. Enquiries may be received through visits to the library, telephone calls, e-mail or OPAC. KIPPRA publications are available for download on the KIPPRA website at publications The KIPPRA OPAC link is library opac.
The centre collaborates with a number of libraries and resource centers, among them
- The World Bank library
- eLibrary USA
- African Economic Research Consortium (AERC)
- Institute of Development Studies (IDS)
- University of Nairobi (UON) and
- United Nations Library
- Korea Institute for International Economic Policy (KIEP).
The Resource Centre Opening Hours
- Monday – Friday between 8.00 am – 5.00pm with a one hour lunch break (1:00pm-2:00pm).
- Closed on weekends, public and gazette Kenyan holidays.
All queries and questions should be emailed to email@example.com