Launch of KIPPRA Mentorship Programme for Universities (KMPUs)
KIPPRA Mentorship Programme for Universities (KMPUs), which targets undergraduates and post graduate students as well as lecturers, will be launched on 30th August 2018 at the Strathmore University.
The objective of the KMPUs programme is to enhance intellectual exchange with the university community in understanding the public policy making process and the development agenda. It also provides a platform to prioritise key research areas that inform the policy process in achieving the development objectives.
Public Policy Making Process and the Government’s “Big Four” Agenda
Are you informed about the key government development agenda in the next five years? Through the programme, KIPPRA will:
- Discuss the public policy making process and implementation of the long-term development agenda – Kenya Vision 2030.
- Hold a policy debate session on the Big Four Agenda: Universal Health Care (Health), Food Security (Agriculture), Affordable housing (Housing) and Job creation (Manufacturing) with students as panelists.
- Have an interactive discussion on government initiatives in implementing the agenda.
- Enlighten students on government initiatives in supporting the youth employment agenda as well as opportunities in the private sector.
- Distribute KIPPRA publications.